mystery quilt experiences
Our Mystery Quilts are original designs that incorporate a variety of techniques while providing simple instructions and quiltHacks that will benefit both beginning and seasoned quilters. There are no 'Y' seams, curved piecing, or similarly challenging techniques in our standard Mystery Quilt Weekend package.
How it Works
- Sign up in our store. Login at any time to view your available mystery projects, listed under your account.
- The fabric requirements are posted at least two weeks in advance.
- Cutting instructions are either posted in advance or used as the first installment on Saturday morning, depending on the pattern.
- Fabric kits (which include the pattern) are available for purchase from our online store.
- Of course, as with all The Quilt and Needle projects, you may choose to pull your fabrics from your stash or buy them from another source.
- The first installment of piecing instructions will be posted no later than 10:00 am CST on Saturday morning, and the final installment will be emailed no later than 6:00 pm CST on Sunday evening.
- You start the weekend with cut fabric, unaware of the pattern you will follow, and by the end of the weekend you will have a completed quilt top!
Ready to sign up?
Single weekend - $10.00
Yearly subscription (all four patterns) - only $35.00
(We will not reveal the mysteries for at least a year, so even if you miss a weekend you can still subscribe for the full year.)
past mystery weekend quilt-alongs available for purchase
April 2-3, 2016
June 25-26, 2016
September 24-25, 2016
December 31, 2016 - Jan 1, 2017
All Four 2016 Mysteries
March 2015 (released)
December 2015 (released)
All Four 2015 Mysteries
**All mystery patterns will be released as regular patterns one year after their original release date. Please be aware of this when you purchase a mystery if you are unable to work on it immediately. Any mysteries you purchase will still be available (in installments) in your account after the release date, but the pattern may appear in our newsletter or on our website.
a few past mystery quilt weekend projects
Outside the Box
Friends and Fellows